Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"Octavian Goga" Memorial Museum

I was just driving along on my trip back home (Arad) and I noticed something that rang a bell. I noticed a building on the side of the road and a road sign that said "Historical monument - Virgin Mary's birth monastery". It was a on the 10th of august and it caught my eye mostly because it was 5 days away from the 15th of August (the falling asleep of Virgin Mary). I had to visit it.
To my surprise, it was actually the home and death bed and, currently, mausoleum/tomb of Octavian Goga, famous romanian writer.
The complete area is an incredible place filled with history and beauty. The first step inside is a thing of beauty, the entrance in the area being of one the famous wooden gates of Maramures county








 


Wiki : Conacul Octavian Goga din Ciucea
          Octavian Goga

No comments:

Post a Comment